The Diary of a Volunteer on Project Ion

Feel free to create a article.
Night Rider

The Diary of a Volunteer on Project Ion

Post#1 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:51 pm

I've done quite a bit of role-play in my time, so I spent some time writing this. Hopefully I didn't trample on anyone's ideas of back story or anything, as I haven't seen much information on this.

Enjoy and feel free to comment :)
The Story of Ion

Ion is a small section of what was once a healthy living planet populated by humans.
This small section of liveable space is a project of the surviving humans to see if
life could be sustained once again on the surface of the planet. Volunteers have
left the safety of the underground to forge their way on the surface. Of these
volunteer's, there is one known as Kit, the Night Rider. The following are excerpts
from his diary of his experiences living on the Project Ion territory.

Day 1
Coming out of the caves is easily the best decision I ever made. I feel like it's a
huge risk, but I believe the risk will be worth it as I can bring vital supplies back
home. I've been collecting quite a bit of wood for my father, this will help the colony
fix some of those supports that are close to collapsing. He would look at me so funny
when I would treat wood other then almost god like. He deserves reward for raising a
crazy kid like me. The biggest thing that surprised me so far, besides the mutated
animals that are living here, is Marijuana growing! The rest of the plant life
is skimpy, still recoving from the damage. There isn't really any food, so I must ration
my food carefully when I am out collecting. Dare I eat the mutated animals I kill to
protect myself? For tonight, I will sleep out in the open, what a great feeling!

Day 2
Something very peculiar happened last night and I'm not really sure what it was. I
found this little flat area on the side of a mountain, covered by three sides as the
wind was blowing very hard. I had a small fire to keep me warm but kept it very small
so as to not attract notice. I eventually fell asleep only to be woken early in the
morning by what I thought sounded like a droid walking past on the valley floor below.
I will have to be more careful about walking around freely. Otherwise, the day went
well, I found a nice large valley that looked promising and dropped a few mining probes
looking to hit that big gold score, but didn't find it, though I did quite well and made
a very nice profit. The colony is very happy to be receiving supplies and I received
news that other volunteers are having equal success. This is truely a new dawn for the
age of man.

Day 5
Droids! There are droids here! I saw a large group of them north from Zion! They
attacked me, so I was forced to defend myself. I got hurt a little, but was able
to defeat quite a few of them. Where are they coming from? Some of the materials
I took from them was strange and foreign, but some was familar and very usable. I
might have to hunt more of them, especially if they are aggressive. Further investigation
will definitely be needed.

Day 85
Today was definitely a great day on Ion. I was out hunting and mining and I ran into
a few other hunters, after talking for a bit, we got to talking about the robots and
decided to join up and find out exactly where they were coming from. We headed north
west out of Zion, hoping to find the scale of their numbers and where they were coming
from, being able to scout from the tops of the mountains to the south of their location.
Once out there, we followed along the group of them, which was quite large, and eventually
came to their ships! There are three of them, but one is crashed. We fought through their
ranks, eventually making it up the hill to their transporter beam into their ship. We
all agreed to go up the transporter and quickly ran into it. The ships are very plain
inside, but oh boy did they contain some great treasure! There were quite a few commanders
around, but we were able to quickly take their treasure and used our teleporting abilities
to get back to base quickly. It was so worth it! I got this really amazing laser pistol.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Re: The Diary of a Volunteer on Project Ion

Post#2 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Well done! :top

Plenty of room for detailed fragments of the back story as planned for (world) items. ;)

GABI Farouk

Post#3 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Very cool ... GRTz

ahh the egg

Post#4 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:25 am

Cool :)

Tedjuh
Site Admin

Post#5 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:46 am