There have been many users wondering when an auction system will be implemented to make it easier to judge market prices of items, or simply because they have different play times from other users. Project Ion is quite a diverse game, and this should help to bring the community closer together and allow fair prices for all until an auction system can be implemented to the game itself.
This will *hopefully* be the new gathering place to fill that need! It will require some effort from the community to be established and to run smoothly. I have been a part of many forum based auctions in the past, and I can say with confidence they have the ability to work almost flawlessly.
The best way we can bring this forum to life, is to direct people here if you are attempting to sell something. The more people we can bring to the forum, the better it will become.
A few basic rules will be in place to prevent any confusion or conflict that could possibly arise without them. Failure to follow the rules could result in a warning, or removal from this section of the forum.
As a general rule of thumb if the item you are trying to sell is uncommon, it would be helpful to post the stats (or a screenshot of the stats) along with your original post.
- Do not clutter an auction with unrelated posts. Commonly called hijacking, the most dishonorable version of this is to make mention of your personal auctions or items for sale. Similarly, negative comments about an individual are extremely poor form.
- Do not complain about high prices. The seller has made a decision about what the items are worth to them personally. If you think the prices are too high, move along or discuss it in game.
- You MUST include a starting price, even if you want to start it at TT value.
- You CAN post a buyout price if you choose to do so.
- You CANNOT choose who you sell the items to, it will go to the highest bidder at the end of the auction.
- You CANNOT remove an item from the auction once a bid has been made, please keep this in mind when setting your start price.
- You CANNOT modify anything to do with the sale price once a bid has been made.
- Similarly, you CANNOT modify the end time of the auction once a bid has been made.
- As a bidder, you CAN retract your bid as long as it is before 15 minutes of the auction ending. In this case, it will fall back on the previous bidder. If you retract your bid, you CANNOT place another bid on the same item.
- Auction will end at time and a on date that you choose. (1 week maximum from start date) The easiest thing for everyone would be to use the forum time. (UTC)
UTC is displayed in the top left corner of the forum, under the Board Index
- All bidders must include in-game name.
- No in-game bids will be accepted.
- An auction isn't valid without an end date! Alternatively, you can post items for instant sale at a price you specify. (Example being your start bid is the same as the buyout)
- Posting items asking for "best offer" with no additional guidelines is not appropriate.
- Title auctions with some indication of the items you are selling.
- State your delivery terms very clearly.
- Make sure you, the seller, post YOUR in-game name.
- Update (edit) the original post with current high bids as much as possible, and when doing so post a new message stating "Updated".
Hopefully that covers everything! Rules are subject to change at any time. Have fun and good luck selling your epic loots!