Take Down Notice

This section is used by the admin and developers to announce news updates, sneak previews and more related to Project Ion development!
SnelleEddie
Developers

Take Down Notice

Post#1 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Good day everyone,

We hope you all had some nice celebrations the last couple of days and we wish you all the very best for 2015.

It's been a long year with ups and downs so we're happy to announce that we are now officially testing the new 0.6.0 with a couple of our die hard supporters. Most of you have probably noticed that the 0.5.9 server was taken offline to test the new build on the 'old' hardware. The lucky few who received the first batch of invites via IRC were all happy to endure a shitload of bugs and crashes... Well, it wasn't all that bad ;)

A lot of smaller bugs have already been fixed but there's one issue keeping us from a full public release at this point. The cause of these crashes need to be addressed before we add more people to the closed testing team. Chances are that we'll invite those who are anxiously standing by in our IRC channel, just so you know where to idle to get in a.s.a.p. ;)

In any case IRC is the place to be to get the latest snippets of information regarding the actual state of the game. Hope to see you all there (and in-game) soon...

Best Regards,

The TestBuilt Team

mingo

Re: Take Down Notice

Post#2 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Not cool, I have a week off and not intended to spend my time on the irc chat for news :)

GABI Farouk

Post#3 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:33 pm

im just writing on english to everyone understand Denis ... sorry not saying in french...

Seems you right mingo...

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#4 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:31 pm

<Jelle>: alright, another fix underway for network position updates, crashes are rare atm *knocks on wood*

Keep faith!

xarcx

Post#5 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Really looking forward to the patch, I hope it goes well with the testing :schoot

shytallknight

Post#6 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:11 am

mingo wrote:Not cool, I have a week off and not intended to spend my time on the irc chat for news :)
I am at work all week, and cannot hang around in IRC also.

Nevermind, the release will eventually happen one day and I will be happy :D

babyFawn

Post#7 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:59 pm

I'm interested in testing this new update. How do i get to the IRC channel to apply? I really enjoy the game and would love to be a tester could you let me know how to go about it great Thanks and Happy New Year

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#8 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:14 pm

babyFawn wrote:I'm interested in testing this new update. How do i get to the IRC channel to apply? I really enjoy the game and would love to be a tester could you let me know how to go about it great Thanks and Happy New Year
IRC is found by clicking the link in top of the page. (Pion Chat)
It leads to a channel were you can talk with Jelle, he is taking care of allowing new testers to the project.

The latest patch (client-side) works very good, with again some nasty bugs solved.
With this approach the developers took they worked towards a stable release in just over a week now.

Guess we can expect additional news and maybe even the public release soon.
Well maybe see you in IRC and the test environment!

shytallknight

Post#9 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:54 am

Another week?

:cry:

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#10 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 pm

Most of the requirements for a live release have been met by now so we are preparing to go public. ;)

Night Rider

Post#11 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:12 pm

That is great news. It's been fun testing, but I'm ready for public release.

Seffo

Post#12 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:35 am

hi all

I think we all ready for public release :)

Good work guys.

xarcx

Post#13 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:37 pm

SnelleEddie wrote:Most of the requirements for a live release have been met by now so we are preparing to go public. ;)
Nice :D any ETA on when the server is online again? Cannot wait ;)

shytallknight

Post#14 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:23 am

xarcx wrote:
SnelleEddie wrote:Most of the requirements for a live release have been met by now so we are preparing to go public. ;)
Nice :D any ETA on when the server is online again? Cannot wait ;)
The quote from SnelleEddie was 5 days ago, and they are still testing the 0.6.0.2 build and fixing bugs, I would not hope for a release before this week ends :(

I liked the older way of testing the game, SnelleEddie and others released it, got us to join bugnotes.com and posted bugs, then they fixed them within at the most 3 days and released a new working version.

This way, that is happening now, you have to lick the developers arsehole to get a tiny slot into the testing of the game. I do not give a fuck about that, just release the game you complete fucktards.

Looking to get banned,

ShyTallKnight.

Thank you, and goodnight.

shorty

Post#15 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:10 am

I see the whole similar.
this fashion as it is dealing with your game trailer not fine art.
especially all are the opposite to assist you with donations and now excluded from the game. I mean it should not be the problem, the new VU to get tested by all players, after all she keeps the group interest in the pion rather have something smaller.
also know all the games here it is a beta version and you must always expect that there are errors.
perhaps do you think your politics here simply again before you lose more game trailer by this defect.

greeting
shorty

Rvalldrgg

Post#16 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:36 am

Jump to: