Update V 0.6.6.2

This section is used by the admin and developers to announce news updates, sneak previews and more related to Project Ion development!
Tedjuh
Site Admin

Update V 0.6.6.2

Post#1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Good 'evening' folks!

Well, it only feels like yesterday when we released our huge eye candy update, but the calendar says it´s already been a month. So how about another nice add on? To start with the bad news, this update does not contain a fix for the crafting issues (yet). That's planned for the next cycle. And speaking of cycles, this time we've really done it! Desired since the dawn of Project ION and always superseded by something of greater importance. More detailed info in the notes...

Notes! (vu 0.6.6.2)

New: day night cycle, bam!
New: terrain option to set visible range for small details like grass separate from trees
New: terrain option to set lod level fall off to control when distant terrain is replaced by lower resolution versions

Changed: optmized terrain shaders for vegetation details (grass, bush etc.)
Changed: overall improvement on terrain shaders for teh eye candy
Changed: improved first person visuals while using scope
Changed: fine-tuned thresholds for real time leg positioning
Changed: improved third person camera ground / boundary detection

Fixed: earthed floating plants in certain areas, please keep an eye out for any remaining floaters
Fixed: autocrafting is now disabled when production / assembly window is closed

zydu

Re: Update V 0.6.6.2

Post#2 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:06 pm

It's great that you're improving the game but how can you be adding day/night cycle without serious testing..

This is how the game looks for me during the night (''Beautiful' quality settings)

I am standing on a side of a hill if you are wondering...

The game is unplayable.

RAJ
http://www.projectionwiki.com - visit for up to date information about the game

SnelleEddie
Developers

Re: Update V 0.6.6.2

Post#3 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:04 pm

zydu wrote:It's great that you're improving the game but how can you be adding day/night cycle without serious testing..

This is how the game looks for me during the night (''Beautiful' quality settings)

I am standing on a side of a hill if you are wondering...

The game is unplayable.

RAJ
As discussed with JSL, a gamma setting is under investigation. Still, it should be good out-of-the-box so a couple of questions out of curiosity:
- Does the output_log.txt contain any errors?
- Do you have some more images of the valley with trees and such?
- Does it happen with specific advanced graphics (post-fx) settings?

Jump to: