Mining bug

zydu

Mining bug

Post#1 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:09 am

Just wanted to let you guys know my thoughts about what is going on at the moment with mining.

Current mining system can easily be abused. Some figured it out earlier some later. Some have been taking advantage of it. Some probably still haven't got a clue what is going on...

It got to a point where players are using the bug and making fun about it in the main chat and it is really sad that people with GM privileges are taking part in it.

To me personally mining and crafting pretty much lost sense in game. Fair competition is gone and a skill gap is being created between players who are using the bug and those who aren't. I am really losing interest in this project and will not donate anymore towards it's development until attitude towards such behavior changes.

I know that there are other committed players sharing my point of view.

Thanks for reading.

RAJ
http://www.projectionwiki.com - visit for up to date information about the game

Tyler Ondei

Re: Mining bug

Post#2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:47 pm

I agree, its very strange and not acceptable. People trust you and make donations , think about it. Thanks

Tedjuh
Site Admin

Post#3 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:15 pm

I heard about this bug 2 days ago
And yesterday i tried it... it works but not all the time
I think you need to be in a group also to do this
And i mine alone :)

I have this bug passed on to the devs

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#4 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:16 am

Thanks for sharing, RAJ

Let me start by repeating here what was announced in game yesterday: Mining events are postponed until next version update! To clear things up and level the playing field, here is exactly what's going on with mining:

It's actually not a bug, but a side effect of having a choice to claim or cancel a detected resource. Every bomb increases the value available to spawn resource deposits. As long as you don't find or claim deposits then the system does what it's supposed to do: increase returns until it balances itself again.

So yes, there is a potential for people to (conspire and) manipulate the returns for the mining event. On the other hand, there is also a chance that some lone miner takes the ATH that the "bad guys" are working on for themselves. :grrr

In any case, mining should be about getting the right materials to build things you need and the 'swirlies' are supposed to be a fun surprise. Though we all know that they can be more addictive than caffeine, nicotine and alcohol combined... ;)

Jump to: