Possible mining bug

MaxUberhoffer

Possible mining bug

Post#1 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:42 am

Ok....I am finding that the farther out I am from a fort, the lower the density of finds are. This was not my observation at first, but yesterday and today I noticed that if I got out too far from a city, I would get nothing found a lot more than close in. Example: I hit 4 finds out of 20 drops near Traveler's Point but as I was farther out--I would have 20-30-40 nothing founds and no resources at all.

I am not sure if this is a respawn issue or an issue with distribution. The last 2 runs netted me 80something nothing founds out of 100something drops. Also, the finders break pretty damned quick!

SnelleEddie
Developers

Re: Possible mining bug

Post#2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:43 pm

I will ask John to look into this when he starts the balancing act ;)

unclechicken

Post#3 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:35 am

Buy 200 bombs, run somewhere, stand totally still and just drop the bombs one after another.

You will find something every other 2 or 3 bombs, even if you do not move at all.

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#4 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:23 am

unclechicken wrote:Buy 200 bombs, run somewhere, stand totally still and just drop the bombs one after another.

You will find something every other 2 or 3 bombs, even if you do not move at all.
When you take up this tactic you will find your claims to be less diverse.
My guess is that the more the game advances the more complex mining will become.

unclechicken

Post#5 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:55 am

I am mostly looking for oil, copper or titanium doing the above tactic.

If I find somewhere with oil in 20 bombs or less, you will get oil quite frequently, same for copper or titanium.

If you dont find oil, copper or titanium within 20 bombs, move elsewhere.

unclechicken

Post#6 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:25 am

Mining at the rig, you get several 30+ PID claims every 10-20 bombs or so, and I just got on the daily HoF list.

At the rig now there are mostly only AB Miner 103's, its a lot easier than before when there used to be an Elite fest there.

Jump to: