A general forum

Any Suggestions on present day issuses or development?
Promotion

A general forum

Post#1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:44 pm

Perhaps it is just me. But I am missing a "general" forum category. I know there are sort-of general subforums. But IMHO there should be one right under community forum. :D

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Re: A general forum

Post#2 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:13 am

Promotion wrote:Perhaps it is just me. But I am missing a "general" forum category. I know there are sort-of general subforums. But IMHO there should be one right under community forum. :D
Like community forum > general talks > postings/replies?

Promotion

Post#3 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:21 am

Tesla Coil wrote:
Promotion wrote:Perhaps it is just me. But I am missing a "general" forum category. I know there are sort-of general subforums. But IMHO there should be one right under community forum. :D
Like community forum > general talks > postings/replies?
I don't see that. :| 

All I see is;
Newcomers corner
Knowledge Database
Suggestions idea's and discussions
Hall of Fame

Could you link it?

Edit: Maybe I misread your reply. Yes that is what I suggest be put in place.

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#4 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:29 am

I could link it as soon i create that category.

I did put it more as a question towards you.
We could create another category but i was thinking about how it should be in general.

In general people write on a forum to share all that what i thought to have covered in categories.

So if we create a Community forum > General talks > Post/Reply what kind of postings will come there?

If you give one topic that not fits the others I create it.
And to be honest and it may sound strange but you will make me very happy with a good example.

Can it really be i overlooking something i asking myself still...
Thanks in advance!

Promotion

Post#5 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:49 am

Tesla Coil wrote:I could link it as soon i create that category.

I did put it more as a question towards you.
We could create another category but i was thinking about how it should be in general.

In general people write on a forum to share all that what i thought to have covered in categories.

So if we create a Community forum > General talks > Post/Reply what kind of postings will come there?

If you give one topic that not fits the others I create it.
And to be honest and it may sound strange but you will make me very happy with a good example.

Can it really be i overlooking something i asking myself still...
Thanks in advance!
Yes I thought you were referring to an existing part of the forum that I had missed.

I don't have a very good example. Yet I don't know a single game forum without a general category. It's usually the largest and most visited part of a forum, and without one the forum can easily feel stiff and regulated. It just adds life.

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#6 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:08 am

Promotion wrote: Yes I thought you were referring to an existing part of the forum that I had missed.

I don't have a very good example. Yet I don't know a single game forum without a general category. It's usually the largest and most visited part of a forum, and without one the forum can easily feel stiff and regulated. It just adds life.
Made from the newcomers corner a general talks section with a category for general talks called What's up?.

Not sure if it is what you meant.

But be assured you not have to feel regulated or restricted in any way to post something. As soon there are postings that would deserve their own (a new) category we can always create it and move them towards it.

Jump to: