Mac version of Project Ion ?

Any Suggestions on present day issuses or development?
TechZonic

Mac version of Project Ion ?

Post#1 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:56 pm

I was just curious if you guys are going to ever release a Mac version of Project Ion for people with those computers.I know there's not as much of Mac users compared to PC but releasing a Mac version could be a good thing to expand the game to more people. I am not sure if it would take allot of work to do for a Mac build but do you guys think it can be done and soon.My father actually wants to try it but he has a Mac Pro and cant play ?

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Re: Mac version of Project Ion ?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:49 am

TechZonic wrote:I was just curious if you guys are going to ever release a Mac version of Project Ion for people with those computers.I know there's not as much of Mac users compared to PC but releasing a Mac version could be a good thing to expand the game to more people. I am not sure if it would take allot of work to do for a Mac build but do you guys think it can be done and soon.My father actually wants to try it but he has a Mac Pro and cant play ?
I asked Jelle, and they could release a build for Mac, but so far they have no Mac yet to test the possible build on.
There is also looked into releasing a Linux version.

TechZonic

Post#3 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Admin wrote:
TechZonic wrote:I was just curious if you guys are going to ever release a Mac version of Project Ion for people with those computers.I know there's not as much of Mac users compared to PC but releasing a Mac version could be a good thing to expand the game to more people. I am not sure if it would take allot of work to do for a Mac build but do you guys think it can be done and soon.My father actually wants to try it but he has a Mac Pro and cant play ?
I asked Jelle, and they could release a build for Mac, but so far they have no Mac yet to test the possible build on.
There is also looked into releasing a Linux version.
That would be great to see a Mac and also a Linux build. Im actually more interested personally in a Linux version. Jelle could do a Linux test himself on his own PC, it would be a bit time consuming but would be worth it in my opinion.If he did release a Linux version then that opens his game to many many more players.Also if its beneficial my father has a high performance Mac , i believe its the late 2011 version, it would have no problems running the game if you uploaded a test version for the public.Although i dont know if its that simple, maybe Jelle would have to own a Mac to work out the architecture of the system itself for it to be compatible with the game, idk but still it would be cool for Mac and Linux builds C:

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#4 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:01 am

The more platforms it support the better.

Unity engine allows developers to build their projects for a lot of different operating systems...

Guess it is just a matter of time to see a Linux and Mac build besides the regular one.

Sometimes i tend to think X-Box and Play-station builds are a option not to exclude even as John says that they will not work for Pion at this moment.

Would be great to see this project unite all Desktop OS and consoles users in the same world.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#5 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi TechZonic,

We can build a mac version, but we're lacking the hardware to test it with. The linux version was already tested a while back and was working with some minor issues at that time. With all the engine upgrades since then we could try another linux build soon, and maybe even a mac version if we can get our hands on one of those machines. Any suggestions towards this goal are very much appreciated. :)

Babar

Post#6 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:59 am

I could be wrong about this but i think marcus mexx lucius plays Pion on his mac already.

lucius

Post#7 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:59 pm

sorry play with bootcamp. but i would love a mac version.
you can count me in for testing if u want :)
- gK -

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#8 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:08 am

Guess it is almost a necessity for the developers to have at least a Mac system them self in order to pre-test a potential build for Mac users.

Maybe someone has a spare system left that can be donated...  Image

Jump to: