a general concept against "armors"

Any Suggestions on present day issuses or development?
lucius

a general concept against "armors"

Post#1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 pm

hey guys.
we live in the future right? so why do we have armors to protect us?
this concept is widely spread through mmos and i never understood why ...
additional a new concept would set you appart from other mmos and gives you a nice USP.

so i though i come up with a new idea...

the battlesuits

a battlesuite will be a protective piece of cloth which consists of the following parts.

- mask (or light helmet on better suites)
- harness
- gloves
- pants
- boots

this is the basic parts that you need to collect to have a full battle suite.

the suite is a mixture of an ultra-light weight exa skeleton (the better the more lightweight)
covered with a nanotech fabric (which can protect against various threats and change color and patterns)

Enhancers
the basic suite only protects. but the suites have kind of an api where u can "insert" different enhancers (nano-bots) for different reasons:

- put in ultra high burn proof nanobots that will transform the fabric into a burnproof protection
- put in kevlar imitatin n-bots to harden the surface and make it almost bullet proof
- put in ..... i know u get the idea.

Software Enhancers
the suite itself has its own KI to support the wearer in different ways.
You can hack this software system or update it to higher versions for better results
(hacks are temporaray, updates will last forever and change the stats of the suite):

- speedhacks  would be temporary hacks that allow a 5x faster movement
- radarhacks would jam the radar signal in pvp zones for a sneaky attack
- goggle - hacks/updateds - would update the goggles with IR sight f.e.
- api - update would up the api to a higher level where more and better enhancers could be used
- first aid booster - would double the received healpower

Extensions
the suites can be extended with different tools/weapons for better performance. extensions are put on the suite and will decay according to it.

- battle extensions: could be guns (dual) canons or concentrated mindpower that gets transformed into physical waves by the suite ....
- helmet extensions: could be a helmet cam to film your trips
- movement extensions: could be zero gravity jetpacks that will be mounted on your back, or seven-league boots that allow jumps all over the land to move, personal teleporting device which generates a personal wormhole from A to B

this were my few pids to the topic "armors". its a raw concept which should be thought through a bit more. but i think it has potential .... feel free to discuss or take the idea and develop it, or just flame me  Image  Image 

find a few models that i quick googled to get an idea of my thougts:

- gK -

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Re: a general concept against "armors"

Post#2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:01 am

These idea's sounding very interesting.

Guess it will bring a lot of work to implement it like this.
From a players perspective is seems complex already, let alone from a developers point of view.

But the fact that armor-suites could be much more than just gear has been made very clear in this post.
Eager to see some feed-back from the developers on how they like these idea's.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#3 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:40 pm

We're changing (expanding) the basic item attributes to be able to implement (some of) these features. This system will be ready for the next release although the content will probably arrive an update later. In the meanwhile we'll keep a close eye on this thread, good stuff!

lucius

Post#4 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:13 am

SnelleEddie wrote:We're changing (expanding) the basic item attributes to be able to implement (some of) these features. This system will be ready for the next release although the content will probably arrive an update later. In the meanwhile we'll keep a close eye on this thread, good stuff!
nice. thanks for commenting yelle. looking forward for that :)
- gK -

Jump to: