No Resources for New Players

Any Suggestions on present day issuses or development?
J W Tesla

No Resources for New Players

Post#1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:30 pm

First, I understand this game is basically still in alpha and that a PVP zone is just that a PVP zone.

However, there is currently no other 'timely' way to gather resources other than the oil rig. I tried to gather stuff through non-pvp methods and after 4 hours I found exactly 3 resources valued around 2dinar. Also, in hunting it seems you are losing around 20% of total hunting costs each round. This basically makes the game unplayable for new players.

As it stands you MUST go to the PVP oil rig to stand a chance of gaining dinar to do anything else other than looking at the same landscape over and over again with a very small chance of finding anything. When you go to the rig though geared players just bully brand new players at rig and never let us get started. If I didn't like the concept of the game I would have quit already. This is hurting the overall retention rate of the game's player base.

wurzelblat

Re: No Resources for New Players

Post#2 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:14 pm

you're right
that was the good thing in AW. you was be able to pick stones and or selling (i think over 100 various) skillst to other ppl. more several skills = more mony, hope Pion brings soon new skills in to the game
also the UGMining was not so bad.
cheers

zydu

Post#3 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:55 am

Hi guys,

It is no secret that current game mechanics heavily force people to donate in order to be able to play. The game is almost unplayable for newcomers and most of the old players have left or become inactive. We can only hope that developers will finally wake up and change something.

I suggest hanging around a bit more since pick mining is coming with the next update.

RAJ
http://www.projectionwiki.com - visit for up to date information about the game

Vumba

Post#4 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:45 am

I feel that new players should get some kind of starter kit - a low tt pistol or rifle with just enough ammo to get them started and get a bit of a feel of the game. I have already seen quite a few new players come in to discover the only way to get started is to deposit, then leave right away.

Sad , cause we do need more players in game - Also the lack of global chat is a drawback right now, with so few players online at any one time. To buy or sell you literally have to stand around Babylon for hours, and thats no fun - And yes we know why the global chat was taken away.........

Vumba.

zydu

Post#5 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:49 am

Vumba wrote:I feel that new players should get some kind of starter kit - a low tt pistol or rifle with just enough ammo to get them started and get a bit of a feel of the game. I have already seen quite a few new players come in to discover the only way to get started is to deposit, then leave right away.
I have witnessed exactly the same. Starter kit is a nice idea but some changes would probably be required in items system - making some items non tradeable/pwnable for example in order to stop we know what...
Vumba wrote:Sad , cause we do need more players in game - Also the lack of global chat is a drawback right now, with so few players online at any one time. To buy or sell you literally have to stand around Babylon for hours, and thats no fun - And yes we know why the global chat was taken away.........
Unfortunately removing things instead of fixing or replacing them seems to be the approach that developers have taken in order to solve the problems. Ship is another example. It was too easy they say, so they removed the most exciting part of the game and didn't add anything instead...
http://www.projectionwiki.com - visit for up to date information about the game

Jump to: