Any Suggestions on present day issuses or development?
Fifth

Post#1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Avatar creation itself is super. It's just one small detail, this strange "Apply" button at the bottom.

We all know what "OK" and "Apply" buttons (usually) do - "OK" saves changes and closes the thing you were using, "Apply" saves (applies) whatever you've been doing so far but does NOT close and exit the thing. Never before have I seen this.

So, what happens from the clueless user viewpoint. You come in, make changes here and there, experiment with this and that and then you think ok that's still far from perfect but I have done so many changes I want to make sure they're not lost. And then you notice this Apply button. Nice, that's what I need. You click it and a message pops up telling you the changes will be permanent.
Great! That's what you wanted, to save the changes. The wording does strike you as strange, something's not quite right but you click confirm anyway.
And then you thrown out with no way to get back in. That's kinda anti-climactic... :)

TL;DR:
Either replace "Apply" with "Finish" in char creation interface or make it possible to re-enter after exit.

Thank you, keep up the good work!

SnelleEddie
Developers

Re: Avatar creation

Post#2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Sounds like you ran into some traces of Johnglish in there. We hardly spend time in avatar creation but this sounds like a sensible adjustment. Will do a review on the testserver ;-)

Fifth

Re: Avatar creation

Post#3 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Thanx! :)

I suppose somewhere at a later point we'll be able to reuse the avatar creation interface? Give ava a fresh look, maybe change the haircut, stuff like that... althou, I'm personally in no hurry. Found out my hillibilly looks are useful, it scares off the mobs in the wilderness and increases my evade skills. :shock:

Jump to: