Promotional blog...

Any idea's to share? Here is the place to write it all down.
Qweeg

Promotional blog...

Post#1 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:25 am

Not sure about this as an idea so going to throw it out there.

One thing I did when I started playing AW was to keep a blog on my experience. The idea was to perhaps act as a helpful guide to new players who may experience the same things I did, but also to chart my progress and the progress of the game.

So in terms of something to help promote the game do you think this would be useful? The sort of thing I was thinking was to make it more focused on both how to play the game and the things I learn as I progress and also to showcase how the game changes over time - so use screenshots of new mobs, areas etc. maybe some before and after pictures to show how things have improved.

Anyway am happy to start something up - but only if people think it has a value to help with the game and promoting it?

You can see what I did for the AW blog here - I only kept it up for a month or so because the game was just too quiet and nothing was changing to make it worthwhile to carry on:

http://qweegaw.blogspot.co.uk/

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Re: Promotional blog...

Post#2 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:10 am

Great initiative, please keep us updated for when you have the blog up, we will link it on several places like in this forum and on the community website.

Qweeg

Post#3 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:44 pm

Okay the first phase of the blog is now complete (apart from a couple of screenshots to be added, which I left on my home PC).

Essentially I have decided to structure it in two phases - like this:

The first series of posts form an overview of the game in its current state.  Some of this stuff is covered in more or less detail in the various forums and wiki and I have pinched a couple of screenshots (mostly yours Tesla - hope you don't mind).  But it hopefully provides an overview of all the main game play features in one place.

Then from now on the blog will be more traditional in style - so will focus on day to day findings and in game events.  Additionally I will include information on new VUs when they are released, as well as before and after style screenshots to show how things change over time.

The blog can be found here:

The Ionisation of Qweeg

It does try and follow some logic in terms of chronology - so if you do want to read through best to start with the older posts.  I have tried to separate out different areas into their own posts so that each post is not too massive.

Cheers,
Q
Last edited by Qweeg on Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#4 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:35 pm

Qweeg, that blog looks great and reading it gives a good perspective of the game.
Awesome work so far! Image 

Shared your blog on the forum links, a tab on the community website and on facebook.

Qweeg

Post#5 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks mate - hope it helps. Looking forward to the next VU so that I can add some cool new things to it ;-)

Crafting guide is another thing I want to look at - just need to get my head around the best way to structure it all. Ideally it should all be in the wiki - but if possible it would be nice to try and structure it like Entropedia does, which I think does a great job in this area.

Will play about with some ideas and post when I have something to show - and we can all decide if it works or needs some changes.

ahh the egg

Post#6 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Really nicely done Qweeg 8)

Qweeg

Post#7 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:15 am

Thanks Egg :-)

Had a little play with some video capturing software last night.  I'm no Egg or MC though I'm afraid - once you try something like this you realise how hard it is.  Anyway there is a short spider hunt posted on the blog now (even managed to capture a global ;-) ):

Qweeg's Spider Hunt

ahh the egg

Post#8 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:42 pm

Nice! I like the music also- its kind of PEish/PIONish :)

Is this the first ever Pion global we got on the video?

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#9 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:47 am

ahhtheegg wrote:Nice! I like the music also- its kind of PEish/PIONish :)

Is this the first ever Pion global we got on the video?
Seems this is indeed the first video that shows the HoF animation.
Would be nice to have also a category in the HoF section for video's. (even if they show no HoF)

Jump to: