Wiki Changes.

A free seat and a box of pop-corn! Happy discussions! Create polls also here if you want.
Treedoc

Wiki Changes.

Post#1 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:09 pm

I though, at first, that a wiki page is a collaborative space but it seems I was wrong.

I went ingame and did a story on the space ship who, among a good bunch of players, sounded quite good. We also agreed that the method to take the space ship shouldn't be gift, to keep the challenge on experience only, to preserve the adventure of the mission.

This morning I seen that someone changed (erased) the story I made with no concerting and I do not like it at all.

Drama ?? Hell yes.

Give the story I made back and go craft one on any other feature of the game. That is not gentleman nor educated to kill other ppl work.

Treedoc

Re: Wiki Changes.

Post#2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:40 pm

Ok I managed to revert it.

I would not like if that happen any-more in the future. We are some skilled story-liners working hard to give a real universe cohesion to Ion and this is ... Hard work at best.

We are here on the forum so better way to contact the content creatorz prior to any suggestions (not even modifications).

Concerting before, action after.

It a fucking order.

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#3 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Treedoc wrote:Ok I managed to revert it.

I would not like if that happen any-more in the future. We are some skilled story-liners working hard to give a real universe cohesion to Ion and this is ... Hard work at best.

We are here on the forum so better way to contact the content creatorz prior to any suggestions (not even modifications).

Concerting before, action after.

It a fucking order.
I noticed your story is in http://pion.wikidot.com/points (points of interest)

I did moved your story to events as it seems like a historic event.
So i did not delete your story, simply moved it to a new section.

You can find your story now also at http://pion.wikidot.com/storytellers (events)

Sorry if you think it was not a right action, points of interest seem to me more a place to describe the places that are interesting and not describe historic events or anything in that fashion.

Treedoc

Post#4 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:59 pm

I understand you did not that in a bad way. But I still think that including a story at a description, as I did, keep the ppl reading.

Pure technical and informative infos are boring at best. lets not complicate the wiki.

And lest not divulge any informations on the way to take over the ship.

Mystery should wrap it.

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#5 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Treedoc wrote:I understand you did not that in a bad way. But I still think that including a story at a description, as I did, keep the ppl reading.

Pure technical and informative infos are boring at best. lets not complicate the wiki.

And lest not divulge  any informations on the way to take over the ship.

Mystery should wrap it.
I simply do not agree on including stories to places of intrest would make it any more clear for people what the places of interest are.

Those interested in seeing multiple screens and text describing events or stories should have another section than the places of interest that i think should simply describe and show the place of interest.

Mystery is cool, but keep facts and mystery separate and in the sections where it should fit best.

And about content deletion, you deleted my content describing the spaceship.
If you so much care for not deleting content where is it?

Did you replace it somewhere else?

Did you even read what i wrote?

Damn i getting a little tired from this already...

Babar

Post#6 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:22 pm

It was originally posted in events Tesla, i had made the Points of Interest page to place it on there in stead.
The spaceship is a point of interest in game, and that story tells just enough and shows its a possible undertaking.

When we start explaining the rigs i would not want all the specific info on oil spawn area, size and frequency.
Same goes for spaceship.

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#7 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:45 pm

Babar wrote:It was originally posted in events Tesla, i had made the Points of Interest page to place it on there in stead.
The spaceship is a point of interest in game, and that story tells just enough and shows its a possible undertaking.

When we start explaining the rigs i would not want all the specific info on oil spawn area, size and frequency.
Same goes for spaceship.
"Mad Max Oil Rig

You can find crude oil here.
Oil became less popular in the last age and thought to be not of that great use anymore. Still their was still decided to reactivate the oil rig in effort to maximize possible equipment production for the war against robots and aliens."

Not see any info on frequency /  size??? Still i made it.

"Out Laws Uranium Rig

You can find Uranium238 here.
Being dumped and buried for decades it has regained it's value as it is a wanted resource these days in the war against robots, aliens and all that seems not to friendly."

Not see any info on frequency /  size??? Still i made it.

"Out Laws Underground

You can find the two entrances towards the underground, one north in the main building at the uranium rig, the other one south west from the rig.
The underground facility that were build by a group of private engineers financed by the VanGyn family has proven to be a good shelter from continues robot attacks.

For safety reasons their is decided to leave the main doors closed that lead deeper into the facility and into the underground city itself.
Not all people are ready yet to face the dangers and are waiting for the newly developed armors to go into mass production."

See enough information for people to make it interesting to explore Still i made it not a swap of text and pictures and not related information on drug use ect ect.

And now Robot space ship...... Made you your crew....

Robot Spaceship

One hundred years ago, Colonel Ikaru Yamaki, brilliant cartographer, found a very uncommon location while he was flying above the planet.
He landed in the first human remade colony on the surface , Zion Citadel, and started to assemble a team of ten officers to make an expedition.
With his topographical surveys, he decided to head North West from Zion, through the mountains, to avoid large fields of automated bots.
1.jpg

This was the first legal and general use of drugs in the new army.
In fact, the team needed to be boosted at her maximum to be efficient and have a chance to survive.
Drugs was rediscovered in some very ancient polar vaults and re-implanted on the planet by a temporary "bot seeder".
The legend say that this bot is crashed somewhere in the west and contain some large amount of genetic material.

After a hard hike they reached a valley and seen for the first time the abandoned, automated robot colony.
Two ships was floating above a hill and an another was crashed, far in the west.
They decided to assault the hill and faced some extremely strong and resilient robots.
At the end of the fight they went into a strange beam, at the top of the hill, and were teleported into the first robot ship.
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Many officers died. Only 3 courageous and tired men survived : Yamaki San himself and two officers.
They managed to hold the ship during 7 days before dying and it is the record for now.
The ship seems powered by the resources of the planet and the robots are assembled by nano technology.
That mean they re-spawn in mass even if they kill them.
Also, sometimes, boxes full of resources and material might spawn, giving to the courageous team some great rewards.
5.jpg 6.jpg

Hope this Epic expedition with some old photography are clear enough. Beware !! Only well organized team can success in this adventure.
7.jpg

???

Where is my short description what i made from the spaceship similar with the other description with mystery to make it appealing in a few lines of text for people to start find out more about the ship....

This was the description i made and will place it back and hope it not gets deleted anymore.

Robot Spaceship

"The Robot spaceship and its purpose is mainly a mystery.
Assumed is that the robots are gathering earths resources and use their spaceship as storage.
Rumors go around they are created by a another civilization that sends drones ahead to prepare a planet for colonization.
Who ever made this robots will be hold responsible for all the damage that they have caused over the years."

Treedoc

Post#8 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:43 pm

Do not touch at what is done. I'll write story about other locations in the same vain.

But you can put each point of interest in individual pages.

I need a lill more time to craft story cohesion.

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#9 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Treedoc wrote:I though, at first, that a wiki page is a collaborative space but it seems I was wrong.

I went ingame and did a story on the space ship who, among a good bunch of players, sounded quite good. We also agreed that the method to take the space ship shouldn't be gift, to keep the challenge on experience only, to preserve the adventure of the mission.

This morning I seen that someone changed (erased) the story I made with no concerting and I do not like it at all.

Drama ?? Hell yes.

Give the story I made back and go craft one on any other feature of the game. That is not gentleman nor educated to kill other ppl work.
ahhh collaborative....

Ahhh erased....

btw before doing to much work : <Jelle>: I'd advise everyone not to waste any time on the storyline bickering because i'll override anything not suiting our storyline anyway

And no worry, he wont delete your stories, nor i ever did...

Treedoc

Post#10 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:26 pm

All the story line will be sent to jelle prior anything. It is not an easy thing. But I have my little idea about what he will think about it.

So no rush, be creative and ask before modifying anything.

I know you are greatly involved in this but, as my Uncle said to me one day:

"With great power comes great responsibility"

Let creativity coming, all will be levelled by the devs after. Its in beta.

By the way, I call all drawers, art-workers to take contact.

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#11 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:26 pm

Treedoc wrote:Do not touch at what is done. I'll write story about other locations in the same vain.

Point of Interest is about points in game that are interesting.
That is at least what the title suggest.

Your story has something to do with one of the points of interest. (The Robot spaceship)
The story describes a event that never happened, a 7 day long battle?
It describes such specific details about seed bots that crashed... ect ect...

This all has nothing to do with the factual point of interest "The robot spaceship" or anything that could be found back in the game, be it on a description or be it said by the developers or assumable trough ingame objects.

If your mission is to make the main pages from wiki your personal fantasy blog that brings only a lot of confusion and is far from based on actual in-game content i can only feel sorry for the future from this wiki.

Treedoc

Post#12 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Actually I do nothing. A game is entertainment and I furnished entertainment who was kinda credited even by you. It have his place in the wiki and can be discussed to any modifications.

What you did is against all wikipedia rules.

The only diplomatic way, for you, is to ask for apologize (I will give it).

Then every topic concerning wiki should be discussed in a democratic way, thing you do not do actually.

You actually act Like Neo under MA rules on EF. So I ask you to not trying to justifies or prove anything.

Ask for apologize for being kinda out of the way on wiki this morning. I'm am not the only one who have been shocked about it Sir.

Babar

Post#13 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:07 pm

Lets leave this discussion for what it was guys.
We know when we change a page in future, we contact the OP first, so as to avoid this sort of thing.

I see why treedoc nearly had an attack when he honestly thought the story was erased.
Also, Tesla just wanted to improve the wiki so the pages would be more organised, and with more info.

how to avoid?
-copy and move a page but dont erase the original yet until you have let the OP know
-speak with OP up front on how to improve/change/move pages and topics

The storyline on its own however, discuss discuss  Image 

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#14 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:40 pm

Treedoc wrote:Do not touch at what is done. I'll write story about other locations in the same vain.

Babar wrote:Lets leave this discussion for what it was guys.
We know when we change a page in future, we contact the OP first, so as to avoid this sort of thing.

I see why treedoc nearly had an attack when he honestly thought the story was erased.
Also, Tesla just wanted to improve the wiki so the pages would be more organised, and with more info.

how to avoid?
-copy and move a page but dont erase the original yet until you have let the OP know
-speak with OP up front on how to improve/change/move pages and topics

The storyline on its own however, discuss discuss  Image 
Could not agree more on communicating about making edits like i did.
Did ask Babar to make a section for guides, so he did.
Also suggested the story at Points of interest "spaceship" should have a similar short description like i made, and that the story should be placed in a different section. (guess he missed it...my bad, my apologies for that.)

Since the story described feels like an historic event i came up with the assumption that historic events will be a part of the beta story-line and they could very well be linked to events players will reenact.
That is why i placed it temporary in the event section, ready on it's own page.
As soon a separate section is created for stories it could be moved towards there.

If you would not agree "points of interest" should have the lay-out i suggest with-out individual created stories then i would rather also have my own "points of interest"
Images everyone creates his own vision on "Points of interest"?
Really will get a mess then...

Having a section with a overview from stories will be just like the overview from societies by example.
All stories get their own page, all societies create their own page...

Hope you get my point and hope to see a section for story lines soon.
The more people can put in inspiration without making it messy the better.

Jump to: