New player experience

Here is room for you to introduce yourself. Feel free to open a new topic and tell us something about yourself. Thanks in advance for your introduction!
Kitty Catty

New player experience

Post#1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:27 am

Review: Project Ion is a game that wants you to fund its development without engaging with a New Player.

If you are keen on low population, niche games where real money is required and you need to be supported by a clan/society to survive, read on.
Otherwise ... this is not the game for you.

This contradictory stance between donation and New Player engagement results in a game that cannot be played to see whether the game has any redeeming features.
Once a New Player has created an account and logged into the game, they immediately find themselves with nothing to do and able to check out the game without spending a ridiculous amount of time doing immensely boring tasks.

Should they stumble upon the NPC's that give missions, they quickly become disillusioned by the 375 missions (188 hours of play for 0.04 pid per quest) required to afford the first basic weapon (a knife).
Having gathered the 15 pid for a knife, a player would expect this to allow them to at least gather enough resource to buy another knife before the one and only weapon they have strive so many hours for becomes worthless.
Unfortunately, the knife can collect about 9 pid of resource. So a mere 150 missions later you can afford another knife.

Luckily there is another source of income ... Gathering.
The Project Ion describes Gathering as "...the easiest way of getting free money in Project Ion. Raw materials like hemp plant, coca plant and wood log spawn all over the map and can be picked up by walking into them. Their spawn rate is especially high inside the lootable PvP area Outlaws"

The reality that you are lucky to find one resource after 30 minutes to walking, scanning every nook and cranny for this rare find.
An informed guess of these 'easy' raw materials is that there are 20 of these resources in the game at one time.
However, as these resources are worth between 22 and 29 quests, a player can afford a knife after several hours.
Unfortunately, 90% of these resources are in a PvP area. Not a place a level 0 player should go into.
Luckily there are very few players online at one time.

Until the developers are willing to support New Players, popular uptake of this game is unlikely.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Copy / Pasted reply from FadeBook

Post#2 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:45 pm

Thanks for the review, too bad you clearly chose to pick a negative conclusion and write towards that conclusion.

It would have been more fair if you had mentioned all the available pick-ups like barrels of oil and uranium which could easily make someone enough to afford a knife in under an hour, maybe even two.

It's also clear you didn't take into account that quest rewards increase over time and the occasional bonus items chucked in there.

This might not be a game for people who like to be told what to do and where to go for every waking hour of their lives, fair enough. It's not perfect either but that's what we aim for with continuous development.

If you could point to a game like this which doesn't require any upkeep we'd be happy to learn about/from it.

Cheers!

comedyspit

Re: New player experience

Post#3 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:55 pm

Let me start to say that you sir are an amateur at gaming, you think you have what it takes to be one and you think that your reviews are good. You are not good. You are wrong all the way...
And you are lying...
No one who is smart enough will ever quit the game for having nothing, because if you were smart you would find ways to get richer...
I never deposited on this game, and i started back in 2014, from 0 money invested i have more than 2000 PID, all received through hardwork, efficient gameplay and from making friendly negotiations.
Anyone can achieve this, they just have to start thinking outside of the box, and not give up and be a quitter like you seem to be.~
So stop trash talking a game you could never understand in the first place.
I am the living proof of this and sincerely, this game is not for you mate.
Take care.
https://www.p2wstream.com Official Streamer Website

Vustoc

Post#4 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:06 pm

@comedyspit

kind of stingy , you could at least donate 10 or 20 euros to help the developers! Do you think it's free to use assets unity? pffff!!!!!
:evil:

comedyspit

Post#5 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:30 pm

I got my priorities which im not gonna disclose, it's my option to do so or not, being judged for not doing is actually preety laughable.
I'm not stingy, i'm just saying people shouldn't rant if they can't find a way to get by in this game.
That's why players come and go, specially new ones :).
Because they give up instead of finding ways to solve their problems.
https://www.p2wstream.com Official Streamer Website

Gracehotgirl50

Post#6 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Hi

I fully agree with everything you said.

However you have missed out 1 very important '100% free to play part' (that is probably the most vital service in this game) 8-)

Healing

You can offer your healing services (some people would even pay dinars per hour for your healing....:).

Normally how it works is = player you healing gives you healkit and bandages. IF you do a good job (not saying 'hunt profit''...) you get 1 = skills 2 = a tip (dinars in otherwords).

You have to give back the healkit and left over bandages at end of hunt. Killing 'big' mobs like megaloids = you can cut through over 1000 bandages+ per hour and also 'good' healers can autoclick semi afk heal.

Its just an option for free to play players that you did NOT mention on your review :)

Biggest opportunity in game = for healers. Even just with basic healkit (which you would not buy anyway its hunter that has to buy that for you+ bandages) …...well I given a good free to play way.

Also as well,, if your healing....you can pick up a LOT of hemps and wood in PVP areas so that's extra dinars also.

Good luck

Cheers

Written on behalf of Gracehotgirl (vive la Ziggy ;).

Kitty Catty

Post#7 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:20 am

Gracehotgirl50 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:10 pm
Hi

However you have missed out 1 very important '100% free to play part' (that is probably the most vital service in this game) 8-)

Healing

You can offer your healing services (some people would even pay dinars per hour for your healing....:).

Normally how it works is = player you healing gives you healkit and bandages. IF you do a good job (not saying 'hunt profit''...) you get 1 = skills 2 = a tip (dinars in otherwords).

You have to give back the healkit and left over bandages at end of hunt. Killing 'big' mobs like megaloids = you can cut through over 1000 bandages+ per hour and also 'good' healers can autoclick semi afk heal.

Its just an option for free to play players that you did NOT mention on your review :)

Biggest opportunity in game = for healers. Even just with basic healkit (which you would not buy anyway its hunter that has to buy that for you+ bandages) …...well I given a good free to play way.

Also as well,, if your healing....you can pick up a LOT of hemps and wood in PVP areas so that's extra dinars also.

Good luck

Cheers

First ... healing as a service ...
Never though of that ... however (a) I encountered 4 different players in the 28 hours I played; (b) needing to rely on other players to progress your own player from level 0 is just another symptom of the game not being playable for new players.

Second ... you can pick up a LOT of hemps and wood in PVP areas
Unless the spawn density has changed since Sep 2019 ... as mentioned in my post, there is probably 20 pieces of hemp and wood scattered throughout the game (and that counts PVP areas) ... that is not LOTs ... that is sparsely scattered and takes about 4 hours to get a knifes worth of resources.

Kitty Catty

Re: Copy / Pasted reply from FadeBook

Post#8 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:36 am

SnelleEddie wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:45 pm
Thanks for the review, too bad you clearly chose to pick a negative conclusion and write towards that conclusion.

It would have been more faifir if you had mentioned all the available pick-ups like barrels of oil and uranium which could easily make someone enough to afford a knife in under an hour, maybe even two.

It's also clear you didn't take into account that quest rewards increase over time and the occasional bonus items chucked in there.

This might not be a game for people who like to be told what to do and where to go for every waking hour of their lives, fair enough. It's not perfect either but that's what we aim for with continuous development.

If you could point to a game like this which doesn't require any upkeep we'd be happy to learn about/from it.

Cheers!
Firstly: "...if you had mentioned all the available pick-ups like barrels of oil and uranium which could easily make someone enough to afford a knife".
Why a knife? Everything in the areas where the barrels of oil and uranium spawn kills a new player!
Over the 7 days, I managed to get to barrels of oil / uranium twice ... and that is only because the mobs guarding them were off doing other things.

Secondly: "you didn't take into account that quest rewards increase over time" ... you didn't take into account that after the first quest, the other quests cannot be completed in by a new player unless they spend many days of effort per quest.
I have not seen sufficient public knowledge to determine if the quests actually become worth doing if a new player spends several weeks on these.

Thirdly: "...too bad you clearly chose to pick a negative conclusion.."
I did not pick a negative conclusion ... I played the game with a neutral bias and came to the conclusion after many days of playing. To say that I choose a negative conclusion is contradictory to the evidence presented.

Lastly, (please do not be offended) ... when did you last try to play as a New Player? If you haven't done that recently, then perhaps things have changed since then and your experience is no longer relevant

Gracehotgirl50

Post#9 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:24 pm

Kitty Catty wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:20 am
Gracehotgirl50 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:10 pm
Hi

Healing

Good luck

Cheers

First ... healing as a service ...
Never though of that ... however (a) I encountered 4 different players in the 28 hours I played; (b) needing to rely on other players to progress your own player from level 0 is just another symptom of the game not being playable for new players.

Second ... you can pick up a LOT of hemps and wood in PVP areas
Unless the spawn density has changed since Sep 2019 ... as mentioned in my post, there is probably 20 pieces of hemp and wood scattered throughout the game (and that counts PVP areas) ... that is not LOTs ... that is sparsely scattered and takes about 4 hours to get a knifes worth of resources.

Willing to show you next week. I did same for to others but it IS a 'granding game' I agree with and NOT RCE

However? its good to go from 700 to 10000 dinars (?) :) in 2 years. If your a real player chat with me next weekif you willing to play( slow play not using 10% skill items) then and if other real brand new players want we can makw our own c;an (must easier training 4or 5 rather than 1).

Open offer. And I 100% guarantee you WONT be disappointed with ''free loot''.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Re: Copy / Pasted reply from FadeBook

Post#10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:09 pm

Kitty Catty wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:36 am
Firstly: "...if you had mentioned all the available pick-ups like barrels of oil and uranium which could easily make someone enough to afford a knife".
Why a knife? Everything in the areas where the barrels of oil and uranium spawn kills a new player!
Over the 7 days, I managed to get to barrels of oil / uranium twice ... and that is only because the mobs guarding them were off doing other things.
It's a rebuttal of your example. It's you who started about the knife.
Kitty Catty wrote:
Secondly: "you didn't take into account that quest rewards increase over time" ... you didn't take into account that after the first quest, the other quests cannot be completed in by a new player unless they spend many days of effort per quest.
I have not seen sufficient public knowledge to determine if the quests actually become worth doing if a new player spends several weeks on these.
So, without having seen sufficient public knowledge you still draw these harsh conclusions? Sounds like this confirms what I started my initial reply with.
Kitty Catty wrote:
Thirdly: "...too bad you clearly chose to pick a negative conclusion.."
I did not pick a negative conclusion ... I played the game with a neutral bias and came to the conclusion after many days of playing. To say that I choose a negative conclusion is contradictory to the evidence presented.
The previous quote would seem to suggest otherwise.
Kitty Catty wrote:
Lastly, (please do not be offended) ... when did you last try to play as a New Player? If you haven't done that recently, then perhaps things have changed since then and your experience is no longer relevant
That must have been a couple of years ago by now. I only did one craft attempt for an advanced m1911 (back then still in demand) and got a ~90 pid hof. Players were not-amused, to say the least, that developers were taking loot which should have gone to the players. Since then we've done all our testing in a separate environment. Last time round there I got like 6 pid worth of wood and plants in ~30 minutes, just exiting from Zion there were already a log and plant side by side.

Jump to: