About done.

What's up? Feel free to talk and share everything about Project Ion, yourself or anything in general that suites this category.
Steve_saber

About done.

Post#1 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:18 am

When I started paying this game it was because it was a fun alternative to EU.

In both games we can deposit money but in EU there is a chance to withdraw, and in Pion not.
That's cool. I don't care to get rich...I just like to mine and craft and have fun. Still it was cool back when you could possible get a big hof or possibly an ath mining or crafting...but you sure put the fuckin to the crafters and miners in favor of the shit hunting didn't you?

I guess the message is hunt or fuck you eh? You guys can choke on the fucking money I gave...you'll never see any more...you managed to turn it to a scam faster than MA...gratz fuckers.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Re: About done.

Post#2 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi Steve, I'm sorry to see you draw such harsh conclusions. Mining can definitely benefit from some more attention, but it took quite some time to soak in the feedback and tweak returns to where they are at the moment. Changing back to how it was is simply not an option, so at this point we'll have to think of something to make it more interesting. If you have any suggestions to that end we'd be happy to hear it. Cheers!

Steve_saber

Post#3 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:11 am

You know what mate, your right, that was pretty harsh. The truth is, the donations I've made was money well spent, as I'm sure I've definitely received plenty of play time for it. I was in full rage mode and drunk to boot...lol

Either way, the sentiment is the same. You guys can justify it any way you like, why would I play a game that cow tows to hunters and says fuck everyone else. I'm not saying I should have huge hofs bigger than everyone else, but why would I want to play knowing there's no hope of a good loot???? I don't know what criteria you guys are using for balancing, but when I have to mine for days and days to get enough mats to mine with anything but TT finders that's not balanced...that's fucked up.

On one hand you say you're keeping some sort of magical stats to balance the game, but what I see is a game that's clearly is being geared towards hunting which I could give a flying fuck about quite honestly. That's cool, and that's up to the dev team. I don't have the inclination to buy virtual money and play a game to be a second class citizen. That simple.

Good luck with it...steam has lots of games, I'll go play something else...no harm no foul.
I did enjoy it during my time, and if you get it figured out it has a ton of potential. You guys obviously have decided you know more than the people playing it. Try playing as a miner and crafter only...you'll figure out why i'm pissed before to long. I do hope you guys figure it out and decide to listen to all the players someday instead of the "chosen few" you've decided to surround yourselves with.
Good luck with your game.

Tyler003

Post#4 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:42 am

It is normal that ATH are rare, there are too few players, so not enough depot, may be the Devs do not have a powerful server to accommodate 1,000 simultaneous players per day, here must be expensive.
Returns are good but yet the game is boring sometimes. I think the players want to be surprised constantly with news often but it is difficult to implement. The Devs however must listen to players, it is important otherwise the game will not survive.
I think when the Devs will be rich enough to allow the simultaneous connection of 1,000 players per day, they will need new essential things:

- Rare and UL objects (which are repaired with a mobile repair kit as the key to the car Ancient Rover)
it is important to motivate players because having 20 or 30 armor units L to empty 3/4 is not very interesting, the players want to feel a great emotion when they discover the future Harness UL or UL Gun.Currently there is nothing really nice to discover the game becomes boring. no emotional and human is emotional . :o

- Over depot therefore larger ATH (1000 dinars at least) this will be possible with hundreds of players
- Withdrawals possible via Paypal (1 max withdrawal per week max at 500 dinars (5 euros) minimum for not killing the game economy)
- And finally a true free event (like sweat on Entropia but not necessarily as here, there are others, Devs contact me, I have a great idea for here). The free activity is very important, it will allow new players to have a good time together, to find a true spirit of community is what's missing in the game, and a few dinars.
- New Skills: Defense (Evade, Dodge), Intelligence. and ...
The question is: do you want the game really advance with thousands of players one day, or you want to stagnate and eventually disappear?
Do not forget the competition either, other games of the same style arrive.
Thanks for your attention ( sorry for my bad english ) ;)

AkiraOsu

Post#5 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:13 pm

To add to this discussion:

I agree that I am also losing interest pretty rapidly, I was considering to uninstall until the next big update. The game has been in Alpha mode for dozens of months now, and the game is going to be forgotten within a few weeks/months because players are losing interest when there is no significant development. Yes, there has been some developments regarding armor and vehicles which brought me back in the first place,... but it's just far and far and far too slow to me to keep it interesting. And the game as it is right now really is not interesting enough. We have only a handful of players and a World map that can be fully explored in 10 minutes.

About mining; we have adressed this issue multiple times, I have not read about any fixes on this yet.

Faceof

Post#6 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:13 pm

When i start to play this game was before few months and in my mind faded the AW (was online in last times of AW when servers close one by one all day long...) and came here with hope to find something similar to excite me...
Hmmm...not even close to AW but anyway i try to give a shot and play it...after all is a test-build from ex players and i though, this guys knows what a good game need to implement so i deposit and start ...my bad ...

1. Τhe whole word map is just 4 quadrants , 3 same (copy paste -negative...) and 1 different...
2. The 2 main parts of map Is randomly generated with no any interest , just a vast areas of mountains only and few trees /rocks and the camps...not even the basic developing...so boring to get suicide...the map is the A and Z of any good game...
3. As i read this project starts from 2012 (?), i start Sept/Oct 2015 and now end of March 2016 nothing seems to have change so much and devs only try to programming new contents in this like "game world map'' and gives me a picture where all stop here where nothing more new to come...:(
4. Ur developing lacks of fantasy...

I can say few for Gaming :
1. The worst part of the mining its not only the loots , but u cant organize and mine in straight lines ...my mark on mini map is like a balloon where dont know whither to go and always make cycles in same places get my nerves and lose my bombs for nothing!!!
2. No problem for ammo iv lost when shoot on air but u can at least to help hunters and programming the buttons of mouse as left for shoot and right button for to replace (R) the magazine ...is getting very annoying like now...
3. Why u change the way u collect the plants and wood logs? Is very annoying now...
4. many more is there and wait to fix...

As i said this "game" , project better have a long way back (2012) to be in this bad condition...sorry guys but this is my opinion, nothing from this game situation dont motivating me enough to continue to deposit and play it...:(

I stay behind for now but always i take a sneak peak in game hows the things goin and if i see a real serious developing BE SURE im returning as fan to supporting ur efforts!!!

Faceof is Dynamic... ;)
Faceof... 8-)

Piotrek

Post#7 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:13 am

Can you just complain, but most of you to hell does not take into account the fact that the whole program is working ONLY ONE PERSON. If you are such experts on what to do and how to do it simply in programming please help John, and I assure you that everything will move much more quickly to the front.
John is just a man, not a robot and I do not think that was programmed 24/7 without eating, drinking and sleeping.

Steve_saber

Post#8 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:04 am

Piotrek wrote:Can you just complain, but most of you to hell does not take into account the fact that the whole program is working ONLY ONE PERSON. If you are such experts on what to do and how to do it simply in programming please help John, and I assure you that everything will move much more quickly to the front.
John is just a man, not a robot and I do not think that was programmed 24/7 without eating, drinking and sleeping.

I actually agree. I think John has done great job and accomplished much in a short period. There's plenty of games out there with teams who do less and mostly break shit...(cough cough MA. :P )

Personally my complaint is the changes made to the mining system. And for the record, I'm even fine capping the mining hofs...my beef is ATH's are possible with hunting still...why?? cap the fuckers with the guns also...It seems like mining anything around 100 pid is a rare...with hunting its more like 300.

It wasn't meant to disparage John for his hard work...just to clarify.

AkiraOsu

Post#9 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:35 am

In this thread I might have not given any compliments, but in the previous discussion I have said multiple times that I think this game is awesome. <3

Our concern is the difference in loot and experience when you compare mining to hunting,.. and the fact that we are very concerned about the future of this game when (minor) updates can only come once every year or so. - For a game that is still in Alpha phase, it is a killer. - We are not saying we expect 1 person to work full time miracles on this game, but if we don't get a new World map, some feedback on complaints or any of the other suggestions that have been made, the game will get stall, players will move on and the game will be forgotten. We don't want that.

Jump to: