problem with the night

What's up? Feel free to talk and share everything about Project Ion, yourself or anything in general that suites this category.
Vustoc

problem with the night

Post#1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:13 pm

hi,
there's a big problem with the day/night cycle:
It seems that night largely dominates the cycle with 3/4 of the night and 1/4 of the day, we are not bats!
when I connect it's night, when I leave it's night, WTF!!!!
Moreover, it's really too dark, I personally can't see almost anything, it's much too dark.
( in addition in real life I have a poor night vision which does not help). Put a black sky if you want, but for God's sake, light up the field so we can see where we're walking. You have to stop doing anything!
kind regards
I suspect that this message will be criticized or even ignored, but too bad.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Actus
Proclaimed Ambassador

Re: problem with the night

Post#2 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi,

Think it's a bug. If i remember right they did change it to the other way.. shorter nights and longer days..

Yea. found this in a release note:
Changed: Day-night cycle adjusted for shorter nights

So it's something that got F-up in the latest release.

Should be fixed when the devs are back from their needed vacation =)

Kitty Catty

Post#3 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:10 am

I agree with the nights being too dark. I cannot play in game's night even with the PC display adjusted to help.

unclechicken

Post#4 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:44 am

If I log on to the game and it's dark, I log off and wait until it's light again.

Hunting in the dark is virtually impossible.

lossehelin

Post#5 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:37 pm

the other day i logged in 3 times and it was night.... what is the chance of that lol.
Night needs to be fixed, it sucks trying to see the creeps at night not to mention missing that potential loot like hemp and treasures.
Even with the brightness all the way to the max is not enough.

A suggestion i have is if you guys are using everything to the max maybe tuning down some of the effects can help. it did for me, but it is not enough.

Grimm

Post#6 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:20 pm

Here's a picture of how night looks like on my computer. I also normally don't play when it's night time (which seems to be always). I'll only hunt Reapers since I can see the red glow in the dark. Even with Exposure/Contrast on high the game is difficult to play at night. I'd rather lose the day/night cycle and always have it be day. It'd be much more enjoyable until they can figure out proper lighting instead of temporary solutions (exposure/contrast).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lossehelin

Post#7 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:56 pm

this seems to be ignored by devs though. people have been complaining for a long time but nothing is fixed

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#8 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi there, we were unable to reproduce the reverse day/night-cycle as OP stated. It should be balanced 2/3rd day and 1/3rd and so far this checks out on our end. And apparently also for others since this is the first time someone mentioned this behavior. We're open to clues so if anyone has the same issue we'd appreciate more information.

About the darkness of night being too dark: Questions about this were answered via other channels as we were unable to access the forum at the time. Again, on our end it's not really an issue, but ofcourse not every setup is the same. Therefore we try to expose as many options as possible and allow people to customize settings to their own preference which also maintains support for lesser than top-notch hardware.

In any case, next VU will introduce more tweaks and options. So for now your best bet is probably to disable 'color correction' and set 'exposure' to maximum under options -> advanced -> posteffects. Hopefully this will improve things for the time being.

Vustoc

Post#9 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:18 pm

not stopping this day / night cycle poses quite a lot of problems and it was not the most urgent.
The most urgent to bring back the players -because you can see the game is empty - it is to put one or more new map with new monsters, the night has no frankly no interest except maybe in Outlaw pvp zone for to hide, besides it screw up your eyes. :shock:
Unity editor.

URGENT !!! New Map . you have here a free asset wonderful to download and use.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0I2qnmjf_g

Jump to: