Wipe or not? Donations, what will it mean?

Any questions about the forum or game? Feel free to place them here. Read the sticky post for more information about the IRC channel.
Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Wipe or not? Donations, what will it mean?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:19 pm

This question was asked to me today.
Since i not know a official answer I post it in the hope the developers can give us some clarification.

When i donate i can choose between different items or PID.
Since this is beta, will it reset all stuff before going live or can we keep gear and items when it goes live?

In case a wipe is planned, what will happen with our donations done in the past?
Last edited by Tesla Coil on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Re: Wipe or not? Donations, what will it mean?

Post#2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:43 am

Good idea. It will probably save me some time on IRC by answering once here and linking to it :D

Alright, trying to keeps this as short and clear as possible:
  • We reserve the option to wipe the database in case of a major malfunction and to clean up before going 'live'.
  • The definition of 'live' needs to be defined but most likely it will be around the time skills are implemented.
  • There will be a special reward for those who support the project with donations.
(Feel free to spew some ideas our way while we're still designing!)

You might not be looking for my answer to "what will happen without donations done in the past?" ;)

unclechicken

Post#3 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:24 am

So when skills are implemented, if I do not donate, I will be wearing orange, have 0 PID, no guns, no ammo, no ores, nothing?

I will have to run around collecting ganja and logs?

No thanks.

The day I log on and all my stuff has gone, will be the day that I stop playing this game.

Lunchbox

Post#4 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:55 am

I share the same sentiment that unclechicken has.

I will play this 10 or more hours a day as well as bring many other players in, but I won't do that knowing that all the hard work we put forth will get wiped.

I can understand if you want all players to start at same amount of skills, but if some of us put in countless hours into building up stockpiles of items/resources, we are gonna wanna know that wont just disapear.

Can you give a bit more detail on this...

We know sometimes unfortunate stuff can happen that could require a rollback or even a reset, but I don't want tons of time wasted with nothing to show for it in the end, if at all possible.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#5 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 am

unclechicken wrote:So when skills are implemented, if I do not donate, I will be wearing orange, have 0 PID, no guns, no ammo, no ores, nothing?

No thanks.

The day I log on and all my stuff has gone, will be the day that I stop playing this game.
We've not yet determined how the situation will be after we go 'live' so it's a bit premature to assume you'll be left with nothing.
All I can say with 100% certainty: If my aunt was born with a penis, she would have been my uncle... ;)

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#6 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I play and test this game since the early start, late 2011.

Putted in over 1000 hours in this project not only in-game but also outside the game.
Did it with pleasure and joy and i will be the last that will complain about a wipe.

Hurts me to read people are upset about a possible wipe and not see merit in helping the game advance in this early stage above their avatar.
I was thinking it was a good idea to reset everything around the time skills are implemented and tested.
Babar was already suggesting the same and others liked the idea also.

My hope is that there are rewards for everyone upon this (live) release who is with the game, be it a few weeks or being it over the full two years.
Rewards are in my mind depended on several factors, the amount of items, resources and clothes not being one of them.
  • Join and use bugnotes, the forum, IRC, to help advance the game. (Early tester reward)
  • Playing active, inviting friends, using social media. (Early ambassador reward)
  • Participating in the development. (Unique in-game reward)
  • Donating. (PID + early investor reward)
Last edited by Tesla Coil on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

unclechicken

Post#7 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:10 am

unclechicken wrote:So when skills are implemented, if I do not donate, I will be wearing orange, have 0 PID, no guns, no ammo, no ores, nothing?

No thanks.

Some bad stuff happened in my life and I was drunk when I posted the above post. I apologise for what I said, and now I am still playing the game, and will still play the game whatever happens. I will continue to get new people to play the game, and I will report any bugs that I find when playing.

For what I said, I apologise.

Sorry.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#8 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:22 pm

unclechicken wrote:

No thanks.

Some bad stuff happened in my life and I was drunk when I posted the above post. I apologise for what I said, and now I am still playing the game, and will still play the game whatever happens. I will continue to get new people to play the game, and I will report any bugs that I find when playing.

For what I said, I apologise.

Sorry.
That sounds like a bad combination indeed... Apologies aren't really necessary for expressing yourself, but it's good to see you feature self-awareness and have the balls to admit you feel bad about something you've said. Glad you're still with us. :)

Jump to: