The Highest Bidder

This section is used by the admin and developers to announce news updates, sneak previews and more related to Project Ion development!
SnelleEddie
Developers

The Highest Bidder

Post#1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Good news everyone!

The new testserver is finally up and running an auction enabled test build. Tedjuh will play Santa with a tidy list of everyone who won a ticket in the recent hunting and mining events. Tickets will be awarded to event winners until we are ready to release a fully featured and bug free auction. Shout out to him in the Live chat for access to the steamy new test client.

And for the record, it took a bit longer to start testing with the auction as John had to work on minimizing the loss potential with average loot per individual. With the release of that patch, average returns have been tuned to expenses and less deviation over time. The introduction of pick mining before that also took it's toll, but it was a very much needed addition to alleviate the scarcity of certain resources.

With the new auction we expect a better sense of supply and demand so expect some more tweaking...

Steve_saber

Re: The Highest Bidder

Post#2 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:32 pm

SnelleEddie wrote:Good news everyone!

The new testserver is finally up and running an auction enabled test build. Tedjuh will play Santa with a tidy list of everyone who won a ticket in the recent hunting and mining events. Tickets will be awarded to event winners until we are ready to release a fully featured and bug free auction. Shout out to him in the Live chat for access to the steamy new test client.

And for the record, it took a bit longer to start testing with the auction as John had to work on minimizing the loss potential with average loot per individual. With the release of that patch, average returns have been tuned to expenses and less deviation over time. The introduction of pick mining before that also took it's toll, but it was a very much needed addition to alleviate the scarcity of certain resources.

With the new auction we expect a better sense of supply and demand so expect some more tweaking...
Speaking of scarcity of resources...is anyone noticing finding coal almost impossible now? Mined 8-12 hours a day both Saturday and Sunday and found maybe 1000 - 1500 stones total...and that's mostly pick mining...getting almost nothing with bombs. Just curious if anyone else is seeing that or maybe I'm just unlucky. :)

Westen

Post#3 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:33 pm

Steve_saber wrote:

Speaking of scarcity of resources...is anyone noticing finding coal almost impossible now? Mined 8-12 hours a day both Saturday and Sunday and found maybe 1000 - 1500 stones total...and that's mostly pick mining...getting almost nothing with bombs. Just curious if anyone else is seeing that or maybe I'm just unlucky. :)
almost the opposite for me some days. try a bit SE from travelers point

Steve_saber

Post#4 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:00 pm

k man, I'll keep dropping then...must just be bad luck. :) Normally find tons of the stuff...just found it odd. cheers!

Piotrek

Post#5 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:09 am

Any ETA when this update will come to official server?

stardark

Post#6 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:05 pm

Steve_saber wrote:

Hey, there are tons of coal N of Babylon.

Tedjuh
Site Admin

Post#7 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Piotrek wrote:Any ETA when this update will come to official server?

No ETA yet.. But if everything go well then maybe this weekend :D

Steve_saber

Post#8 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:44 am

Tedjuh wrote:

This is the update I've been waiting for. Being in Canada, it's tough except weekends to find many people to trade with. ;) And no matter where I go the coal seems to be hiding from me still...tripping over sulfur though...lol

The auction update will take this game to another level...thanks for the hard work guys :)

unclechicken

Post#9 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:01 am

Tedjuh wrote:

That would be a very nice Christmas Present.

Do a Santa Suit really quick as clothes! Would be funny to see in game.

Piotrek

Post#10 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:01 am

Well this update will give some ppl for few days but not for longer, the true is that the greatest revival of the game at the present moment would be to add 2-3 new mobs, as it is already present all a little tired.
Anyway for me is the thing is i waiting for so long but atm nothing come :(

Jump to: