A few things

Any Suggestions on present day issuses or development?
Westen

A few things

Post#1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:11 am

ok, after the talk we had after the hunting event Jelle i will try to make a thread here on the forum instead of typing ingame.

I have a few things thats up for suggestion or improvement of just an idea.

1: New skills.
would be fun to not just gain short,medium,long range skills maybe add something more would be great. like
(marksmanship,wounding, yeah the list can be so long for skills. and thats for all different skills. like defense skills.mining skills and so on.

1:B Skills again but thinking about the general skills. like Agility,Strength,Stamina,Intelligence.
that could improve your gameplay like Stamina makes u able to carry more stuff before overweight.
Strength = hit harder with melee? Agility = move faster Intelligence = higher crafting skills,healing?

2: Mining.
this is a big problem in my opinion. at the moment u only do mining for u own to be able to make crafting. Almost noone mine for just selling cause it is not worth the time. IF a big if u get an hof u maybe profit.
so some more deposit sizes would be nice and higher up the loot for miners could maybe solvesome of the problem.
jsut checked the mining list and last time someone got and ath was 2015-11-17 and if u compare to other activitys in the game that almost generates an ath each day.

3. Larger windows.

example. Storage window,Inventory window. i want u the be able to reazise window as u want it. like the mainchat window u can make larger if u want.

4. Guns (Short range)
this is a big problem. atm it is not worth hunting with the bigger short range weapons cause the dmg and clip. something need to be improved. either higher the damage or bigger clip for short range users.

This is something i have had i my mind for a while and hope u devs can see this and maybe give me some input.

best regard Sp0dz

Tyler003

Re: A few things

Post#2 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:43 pm

Westen wrote:ok, after the talk we had after the hunting event Jelle i will try to make a thread here on the forum instead of typing ingame.

I have a few things thats up for suggestion or improvement of just an idea.

1: New skills.
would be fun to not just gain short,medium,long range skills maybe add something more would be great. like
(marksmanship,wounding, yeah the list can be so long for skills. and thats for all different skills. like defense skills.mining skills and so on.

1:B Skills again but thinking about the general skills. like Agility,Strength,Stamina,Intelligence.
that could improve your gameplay like Stamina makes u able to carry more stuff before overweight.
Strength = hit harder with melee? Agility = move faster Intelligence = higher crafting skills,healing?

2: Mining.
this is a big problem in my opinion. at the moment u only do mining for u own to be able to make crafting. Almost noone mine for just selling cause it is not worth the time. IF a big if u get an hof u maybe profit.
so some more deposit sizes would be nice and higher up the loot for miners could maybe solvesome of the problem.
jsut checked the mining list and last time someone got and ath was 2015-11-17 and if u compare to other activitys in the game that almost generates an ath each day.

3. Larger windows.

example. Storage window,Inventory window. i want u the be able to reazise window as u want it. like the mainchat window u can make larger if u want.

4. Guns (Short range)
this is a big problem. atm it is not worth hunting with the bigger short range weapons cause the dmg and clip. something need to be improved. either higher the damage or bigger clip for short range users.

This is something i have had i my mind for a while and hope u devs can see this and maybe give me some input.

best regard Sp0dz
OK. for the skills I think they have already had to think about it, you're probably not the first. The problem is that they want can not be making a clone of Entropia Universe. Because here's what you offer. Also ask yourself so much, remember that they are not a team of 25 developers, but only 1 man John. ;)
However the most convenient would be one kind of defense skill escapes, it would be great.I think all players have talked about this. 1 Skill Defense would be already good . ;)

As against the mining became problematic indeed, the Huge became too too rare, the interest to undermine with the 102 or 103 has become zero. Example, use a 103 completely without a single glob or even Large, it's amazing and deters undermine or only undermine with the PRD 101 to limit losses.

I also note that 75% of the loot are composed of pieces of ammunition ammunition crafter, I think this is not a good thing.Il be better that creatures loot a substance or essense ( Ex: Cybernetic Essence for Robots and Organic Essence for Organics creatures )that would replace part of the Gunpowder necessary for ammos and bombs.It would reduce the need for Sulphur, Coal and nitrate for the craft of Gunpowder.
Exemple: 50% of the new substance loot on the creature + 50% of the Sulphur,nitrate, coal usual

Ok Thanks for reading ;)
Last edited by Tyler003 on Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tyler003

Post#3 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:45 pm

my god sorry for the English , i use Google trade and its horrible.

Westen

Post#4 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Tyler003 wrote:my god sorry for the English , i use Google trade and its horrible.
hehe no problem it was readable :) my english is not the best either.

as for the skills yes. it is only one that working with it but it was just an idea or suggestion or just something i was hoping for.
yes it would be more like eu but the game itself is already like a copy of eu with some small changes.

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#5 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:33 am

Thanks sp0dz,

Addressing your points staccato :)

1(B). There are some ideas to expand the (use of) skills already but nothing definitive planned besides using strength to affect the weight effects.

2. Sounds like mining finally 'works as intended'. Back then there were a lot of complaints about big claims for the happy few and nothing for most others, so it got tweaked. The most important element is getting resources and the chance to hit a big claim (or something special) is a bonus.

3. It's unlikely this will happen any time soon. Requires a lot work for something that is considered a nice to have and might need to be redone when the engine is upgraded.

4. Specific examples to build a case would be much appreciated here. The pro's tend to have 2 or more loaded handguns handy for the big creatures, reloading between fights ;)

Steve_saber

Post#6 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:00 am

SnelleEddie wrote:Thanks sp0dz,
2. Sounds like mining finally 'works as intended'. Back then there were a lot of complaints about big claims for the happy few and nothing for most others, so it got tweaked. The most important element is getting resources and the chance to hit a big claim (or something special) is a bonus.

If mining is working "as intended" then thanks for the fun and see you around. It's the most broken it's ever been. I wind up using TT finders these days 95% of the time at almost level 28 because the resources are so scarce it takes a week to gather enough to make a few 102 and the bombs to use them....if that's working i'm in the wrong place. I kept playing under the assumption it was just broken.

To bad it seems the "TEAM" is so into hunting nobody with a fucking clue has paid any attention to the mining system. Glad I found out before another donation...

good luck with your hunting game....

Westen

Post#7 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:54 am

Steve_saber wrote:
SnelleEddie wrote:Thanks sp0dz,

If mining is working "as intended" then thanks for the fun and see you around. It's the most broken it's ever been. I wind up using TT finders these days 95% of the time at almost level 28 because the resources are so scarce it takes a week to gather enough to make a few 102 and the bombs to use them....if that's working i'm in the wrong place. I kept playing under the assumption it was just broken.

To bad it seems the "TEAM" is so into hunting nobody with a fucking clue has paid any attention to the mining system. Glad I found out before another donation...

good luck with your hunting game....
i agree with Steve.

Westen

Post#8 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:15 am

the mining is a complete joke at the moment.

it is just a pain in the ass but something u have to do cause u need it for crafting. becuase noone sells it on ibay cause noone have the time or the effort to go out and mine more then to fill their own storage for crafting. so there no market for ores.

and the small chance of profit is so bad...

almost everyone round u go it ends up with 80-90% of the tt value and IF u sell it u can maybe profit....

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#9 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:56 pm

Steve_saber wrote: If mining is working "as intended" then thanks for the fun and see you around. It's the most broken it's ever been. I wind up using TT finders these days 95% of the time at almost level 28 because the resources are so scarce it takes a week to gather enough to make a few 102 and the bombs to use them....if that's working i'm in the wrong place. I kept playing under the assumption it was just broken.
My response was aimed at the returned value and not specific equipment or resources. We agree that equipment deserves some more differentiation between the lower and higher levels (as well as the influence of skills). The resources are balanced regularly based on feedback from you folks (similar to hunting/crafting).

Steve_saber

Post#10 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:10 am

SnelleEddie wrote:
Steve_saber wrote: If mining is working "as intended" then thanks for the fun and see you around. It's the most broken it's ever been. I wind up using TT finders these days 95% of the time at almost level 28 because the resources are so scarce it takes a week to gather enough to make a few 102 and the bombs to use them....if that's working i'm in the wrong place. I kept playing under the assumption it was just broken.
My response was aimed at the returned value and not specific equipment or resources. We agree that equipment deserves some more differentiation between the lower and higher levels (as well as the influence of skills). The resources are balanced regularly based on feedback from you folks (similar to hunting/crafting).
So is it still possible to hit those bigger finds mining as it still is in hunting? Pretty sure in hunting I've seen 200-300 pid...yet I can't remember the last time I saw a find that big in mining lately. I don't hunt as a rule, I kill what gets in from of me. I personally would be fine if mobs didn't exist...but I also realize the majority like to hunt...But I've donated, and I play as a miner...I deserve the same chance as others...whether they like it or not.

Just be honest...if I don't have the same chance for the same loot as the hunters that's fine...but i'll stop wasting my time.

As to balancing mining, I have no idea what you guys are looking at...but I shouldn't have to use tt finders because I can't find gold for finders or 1 or enough of the components for bombs. You made gunpowder a component for 2 of the main consumables in game, bombs and bullets...at least make it easier to find or put it in the TT.

Does anyone on the team actually mine at all?? Since Tesla stopped playing mining has gone for a shit.

I do love playing, but I'm getting tired of waiting for some gold to come up in auction for 150% because no matter how many days I mine I can't get enough gold, and then once I get the gold, I have to run around for days with tt finders to get enough mats to at least use a few of the finders....wash and repeat
someone should actually try playing as a miner and let me know how much fun you're having. ;)

stardark

Post#11 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:36 pm

Game simply perfect, for me game already good...

hunting is perfect
mining is fine
craft amazing
alot stuff for do

no words to describe it all....

WEEEEEDDD :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jump to: