Skill Development

Any questions about the forum or game? Feel free to place them here. Read the sticky post for more information about the IRC channel.
Mal

Skill Development

Post#1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:47 am

Hey have been interested in this for a little bit...since you know most things are skill based.

My question is do higher weapons or bigger mobs or harder to craft items create better skill returns or could I in theory hunt with an m16, m1911, basic heal kit, on the smallest mobs, craft the smallest things and see the same skill returns?

Piotrek

Re: Skill Development

Post#2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:56 pm

From what I have observed, it does not matter what object you are using, whether basic or better. Skill incrase on all is the same.

Fifth

Post#3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Piotrek wrote:From what I have observed, it does not matter what object you are using, whether basic or better. Skill incrase on all is the same.
Yep, pretty counter-intuitive but true. Every hit gives same skill, so it's speed based atm. Which means u can use M1911 but Adv M1911 gives about 20% more skill/hour. Then again, it takes time to craft and mine for mats... you'd definitely get more skills overall but not necessarily more specific weapon skills.

Mal

Post#4 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:22 pm

Thanks for the help guys, another question along those lines...i picked up on the weapon skilling segment, but im struggling for the most efficient way to skill mining and crafting. Mining I'm just dropping tons of bombs and making a resource map. Crafting I'm more focused on making weapons, so I have been crafting screw iron to get metallurgy up and making copper plates. Once I am able to craft weapon parts at a decent level of success I am looking to make mace steel hilts because if the skilling transitions like weapon skilling I would just want to make as much of the lowest cost component that gives me weapon crafting skills as I can...and it appears to me that that is the lowest cost item atm.

Jump to: