Well Hello There.

Here is room for you to introduce yourself. Feel free to open a new topic and tell us something about yourself. Thanks in advance for your introduction!
Fear Insanity Inside

Well Hello There.

Post#1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:19 am

Alright, I know, this is WELL overdue.

But this time, i'm actually here to stay, and make an effort to get to learn the game & try to figure everything out.

Any in-game advice would be so greatly appreciated, as i'm literally running around like a chicken without a head currently :lol:

Hope to see you guys in game,

Keep swirling, Hail Lootius.

- Fear.

Treb

Re: Well Hello There.

Post#2 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:14 am

cRaZY tReB's AdViCe FoR nO0bS aNd bO0bS

1) PION offers a very generous "appreciation" gift of dinar for even the smallest donations made on the Official PION Website. If you are financially able to do even a small donation skip to idea #3 ;)

2) If you truly cannot afford to donate 5-10 euros ($7-$12) to help support the developers' time, expense, and expansion costs then there are lots of seasoned and compassionate players that would be happy to give a small leg up with starter equipment. Please do NOT request or "expect" specific items as a free handout. A lot of "regular players" on here must survive on a combination of small donations and/or good fortune finding loot or trading items for markup. I strongly ask and advise starting with idea #1 if you have the ability and sincere interest in PION.

3) It has been said, "Do not sweat the petty things... and certainly DO NOT pet the sweaty things".
There is no practical "free play" approach to this game unless you are: A) an ungrateful beggar aka con artist -- B) a ridiculously lucky n00b -- C) willing to actively play 23/7 with limited potty breaks for the chance of finding 5-10 dinar of weedwood as full day's earnings -- D) emailing Treb my success secrets right now!

4) I was fortunate enough to meet some great people in my first days of playing who helped point me in the right directions and aided with crucial and appropriate N00B gear - this allowed me to play through my first few weeks until I was able and willing to make small donations. During my first days playing the game I thought it sounded misleading or "suspicious" using the term "Donate" instead of "Deposit". But now, after my 7th-8th week playing daily, it feels more like *I* am the the shady one for"donating" so little in return for so much enjoyment.

5) From the "Mr. Quick Fix" NPC:
For 500-1000 dinar (appx 5-10 EURO value), you can easily afford to buy an effective n00b starter pack:
full set of crappy and gender-appropriate Explorer armor, a new starter rifle and/or pistol, a Basic Heal Kit with 100-500 crappy bandages (or as many as you prefer), and possibly enough crappy ammo to make you overweight. I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE spending dinar on other crappy or less-crappy items until you can easily afford them-- this includes mining equipment, blades, pretty clothes, etc..
PLEASE!!, do not "expect" the community to use their hard earned dinar to fund your personal science experiments, crappy investment opportunities, offroad adventures, or latest fashion statements *coughs*.

6) Start by hunting the crappiest and lowest maturity mobs you can find around Babylon or Zion.
Overall, this will give the highest return ratio at your crappily low skill levels, and if using both pistol and rifle it is a good opportunity for you feel out your preference for medium range or short range skill specialization (or you can just do like me and be mostly crappy in all professions).

7) Can I become wealthy by playing PION:
YES!: you *might* appreciate the MMORPG-style platform, enjoy challenges, and value interactions with others.
UNLIKELY: if you are simply seeking short term RCE gains or profits.

8) When you need help:
*There are a number of excellent posts here in the forums - sign up for a forums account for more custom and search features.
*Veteran Player, RAJ, did an outstanding job compiling an independent wiki site: http://www.projectionwiki.com/
*YouTube has a growing selection of PION videos-- some of the more current ones are both created and posted by the Master N0083R of us all, Bob is Yellow, on his YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU_7rA ... Z7_Q/about
*If you are in game, I would advise visiting the teleporter craft room in Zion-- if you see any green dots on your radar it is likely one of us nOObZ-- type out your innermost secrets or desires to us in Local chat tab (you can also try the Public/Global tab).
*If you are looking to buy/sell/trade specific materials, components or random crappy items, feel free to visit my crappy online spreadsheet page for "mostly-current" listings ;>

9) If you are still reading this, have no fear.. your normal eyesight and usual cognitive abilities will return shortly after finishing this message.

Fear Insanity Inside wrote:Alright, I know, this is WELL overdue.

But this time, i'm actually here to stay, and make an effort to get to learn the game & try to figure everything out.

Any in-game advice would be so greatly appreciated, as i'm literally running around like a chicken without a head currently :lol:

Hope to see you guys in game,

Keep swirling, Hail Lootius.

- Fear.
ȾƦɆɃ

SnelleEddie
Developers

Post#3 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:21 am

Welcome Fear, and thank you Treb for pointing folks in the right direction :D
One thing I would like to add here is the option of helping Mr. Jobs in Babylon to gain some rewards while also exploring the world map. Initial rewards might be minimal but increase over time and on occasion he'll show his appreciation with more usable goodies ;)

Cheers!

Treb

Post#4 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:56 am

Totally agreed! I''ll be completing my 50th mission soon and might shed a few tears if no additional "quest items" come into play.. such as the siesmic detectors and drill-looking "quest" items. My best guesses at this point are:

A)
I. You must complete a RIDICULOUS amount of the same "starter quests" over and over before new/better ones are unlocked.
II. A less likely twist to this is perhaps a puzzle-like pattern based on how you respond to him after turning in a quest. For example.. I have always just said "No" when Jobs responds, "Are you really that good, master!", or "That was satisfying wasn't it?"

B) Quests are somehow skill-based... perhaps having high enough levels in certains skills or attribs (or even unlocks), might allow
you to advance to new quests.

C) There are specific actions or events or accomplishments you must complete before Jobs gives you additional quests.

D) Additional missions sounded awesome to the devs during a wild company holiday party in 2015 ... none of them have since admitted to any "such crazy ideas like that" after that night ;>

SnelleEddie wrote:Welcome Fear, and thank you Treb for pointing folks in the right direction :D
One thing I would like to add here is the option of helping Mr. Jobs in Babylon to gain some rewards while also exploring the world map. Initial rewards might be minimal but increase over time and on occasion he'll show his appreciation with more usable goodies ;)

Cheers!
ȾƦɆɃ

Jump to: