Status report?

Any questions about the forum or game? Feel free to place them here. Read the sticky post for more information about the IRC channel.
AngelO2

Status report?

Post#1 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Hey guys, finally done with most of my exams and projects.

Any news on the skills system? new avatars? or even new patch soon?

Thanks.  Image 

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Re: Status report?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Two major updates are planned within the coming year that will really be worth checking out.

The 1th update will change something very important.
Behind the scenes their is worked on a complete redesign for some time already.
The redesign will guarantee a stable platform for at least 100 people.
The update will also bring a new avatar creation system, new animations, a lot of new items, including armors and a new gui*. (*improved chat window ect...)
Potentially their is more added as with most new versions, but these are the most notable ones for now.

The 2nd update will most likely be the last update that will be worked on in preparation for the live-release.
Not much details to share about it, except that their will be worked on skills and other game-play elements that will make it really interesting.

Forwarded this topic to Jelle on IRC as he could officially respond on the current state from the upcoming VU 0.6.0  Image

AngelO2

Post#3 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks Tesla.

I think it would a good idea for the devs to keep the community updated, maybe not every day but... once a week?

Cya ingame !

Tesla Coil
Proclaimed Ambassador

Post#4 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:52 pm

AngelO2 wrote:Thanks Tesla.

I think it would a good idea for the devs to keep the community updated, maybe not every day but... once a week?

Cya ingame !
Agree with you on that.

So far it has been Jelle his task to share officially news from the project.
Jelle did release some sneak peaks video's and a webplayer-demo regarding the new avatars + armor / equipment.

John already confirmed we can expect some more sneak previews within the coming months so stay tuned!

When the last update was launched John already told me it could take 6 months for the next update as he had planned a lot of changes.
With my last talk with John he confirmed to be on the schedule still.

So checking when last update was will give a pretty accurate date for a possible new release.  Image 

Jump to: